Saturday, April 23, 2005

This is not about...

This is not about having a bad day -I'm stronger than that. This is not, I promise you, some personal vendetta dreamt up just to hurt you. This is not some childish, selfish dream, with little plan or purpose. It is not about a new beginning, or leaving everything behind, for that would be extracting part of me. It is not an abandonment of anyone, or anything - I will be back, when I am ready. And it is not about taking the easy road.

This is not about you. It is not about something you've done, or not, or said, or not. For if it was, there'd be no silence, and there are a hundred ways to let you know which are of little cost to me. No, this one is not about you.

This one is about me, outside of everything. This is about leaving it all behind - my life, my friends, my family, and mroe than anything, preconceptions put upon myself and others. This is about discovery and definition. It's about being me, for me and no-one else. This is about the risk - of putting myself out there in a way I never have. It's about not having those I trust to catch me when I fall - as I know you will. This is about proving I can do it, to no-one in particular.

This is about knowing nothing; about a thirst to drink the world into my soul. This is about confidence and affirmation; about a life without regret. It's something I must do - though why, I can't explain. This time, it's all about me.

No comments: