Monday, April 04, 2005

Escaping The Cheese.

Hi everyone, I'm back with another lousy set of excuses for my absence. This time, I've been way too busy plotting my escape from The Hell ofHere and Now. It dawned on me that if things continue the way they're headed, I'll be managing a service of my very own in a year or so. This really scared me, and I saw myself blurring into an embodiment of HeWho'sToBeObeyed. I don't want to be a retiree who's done the same things, n the same place, with the same people, forever. I want to be the one with stories of the time I headbutted a Great White, threw paint around for Holi, braved buses and street stalls, and spent 2 months in a gompa learning Buddhist ways from the best. I want to do it all.

And with images of stalemate in my 60's like an oncoming car, the natural response was, obviously to get away. So I've been planning a 2-3 year adventure.

I just want to thank all the Turtles and Jungle Bunnies who have helped me spot that path to the Cheeseless Regions!

No comments: