Sunday, April 10, 2005

Changes

Belive it or not, before I actually get Out There, there are bigger, more gristly chunks to swallow than the concept of living from a 65l sack and befriending the unknown.

First, I have to quit my job - an obvious one perhaps, and not such a bad thing for the most part, though perhaps the hardest of them all, and it occurs a little sooner than it might've. The plus side - agency work, on top of part time retail should provide a wider experience and a healthier pocket (shifts at £7 - 21/ hour). And, well, the problems that drove me mad(der) will dissolve in moments.

I'm trading my scary all-impressive motorbike for a pushbike - it's cheaper, costs nothing to run, does no damage to my world, except perhaps an accident or several as I distract the small children - really, what IS the fascination when an adult goes by on a bike? I just don't get it! - I should get fitter pretty quickly, and along with public transport and walking, will be transport of choice throughout my adventures, so I should really get some practice in. Oh, and it hurts like hell on those badly paved stretches.

I've forbidden myself from an excess of spending - so it's the library not the bookstore; the outdoors, museums, the gym, and plain-old-writing replace the shopping sprees, starbucks and cinemas, and on occassions that I treat myself to Socialite status, more coke than beer and pubs instead of pay-in clubs. (Please understand this is NOT a complete ban - a girl needs Guinness, and will not abandon friends!). To help with this, I think I'm going to need a few inspiring pics of destinations - on my wall, and maybe in my wallet!

So, here's to a healthier, more determined me, and a happier wallet with a goal!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hooray! i'll try if i can remember how to make weblinks... xXx

Rachel said...

Dammit, no I can't, it seems. http://www.ram.org/pictures/sights/south_asia/india.nature.cd11.029_27.jpg - sorry!