Tuesday, June 28, 2005

In The Sack... Out The Sack. Tiddley Pom.

All geek radars must be switched off, before you read.

This lunchtime, I spent an enjoyable hour in Cotswold Outdoors with my father, browsing through the books and clothes, and gear, and, specifically, looking for my surrogate-closet for the duration of my trip. My rucksack. With the help of Mr. Luggage, the store’s rucksack/ travel pack expert, and a 15k weighting system, I’ve been paired up with the 65l destined to contain my life. The Macpac Esprit. A sack sturdy enough to withstand being slung onto a bus roof with little care, to travel in the dust storms alongside folk who couldn't fit inside; sturdy enough, in fact, to take whatever abuse I care to dole out in 3 years on the road. And comfortable enough to brave the Annapurna with full load if I so choose.

So now, obviously, I’m going to have to spend a happy evening stuffing items inside it, to see how much it holds.

Brilliant, huh?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

One of the finer pleasures in life.

xx