Sunday, August 28, 2005

Good Things Come.

Before I give way to the un-blogged occurrences of the past 3 weeks, let us concentrate on the 3 points of the day:

My writing (Blood Omen, to be exact) was dubbed ‘mind-blowingly fucking excellent’, and likened to that of Tennessee Williams by a non-writing fast-becoming-friend at work. I did not pay him any money for this statement. He also took the first part away, adamant that he would be really pissed off when he reached the end of it, gagging for more. I now have ANOTHER person expecting me to finish the damn thing when The Pest, Mark, Myself and potentially Mystery Being escape to Rowanlea.

The same fast-becoming-friend discovered that I am ‘ripe for poaching’(I love his phrases!) from the Tom Havocs and, having decided to form a group of ‘elite’ performers to record his own stuff, hinted that maybe I should switch allegiance. I think he’s right.

Lastly, I cycled home from work this evening, along the darkest of lamp-dwelling streets , having done no exercise whatsoever for a long, long time. I’m still alive, and I’ll do it again.

---
For a small, embarrassing portion of time (an entire unforgettable evening) I was flayed alive in a Pop Idol ps2 contest. Totally slaughtered. This was only a slightly gentler fate than re-enacting, complete with words and actions, a Barney song-time video no less than 11 times in one day.
---

I noticed the other day (though I’m sure not for the first time) that no matter where I have to settle for the night, as soon as I pull off my shoes, I feel that I belong, and a comfortable sensation overtakes all else. It never seems to matter whether I’m tired, or even if I’m settling straight away or doing further work, this simple act has the effect of several hours rest, completely relaxing every part of me. I wondered for quite a while what the deeper meaning to this revelation is. It also crossed my mind that, perhaps, there is a link to the no-shoes-indoors etiquette of much of S.E Asia.

---

I was going to write about the ironic falling of responsibility, but I don’t think I shall as the persons involved may come across this blog. I’ve become rather fond of them. Perhaps another day, cleverly disguised as a fairy tale (please, don’t anyone ask how it would go, for I’d see it as a challenge, and there’s too much content acting out inside my head as it is).

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hooray, blog!

Non-writing friend is right. Blood Omen is terrific and you *must* finish it (but don't rush it!). Yes, good. And well done for musical headhunting (which sounds like an interesting party game).

As for the fairy tale, may I give a push to one of the stories already battling in your head by mentioning Cinderella? xx