Monday, August 08, 2005

The Day Of Reckoning

Tuesday commenced with a pleasant shift at the Place Around The Corner, and the arrival of French Family, and an oddly optimistic request for a weekend of shifts at Place Up The Road.

Bizarrely, I cannot remember what happened that evening, although we must have done SOMETHING, and I reckon it was fun. Oh, I remember – Charlie and The Chocolate Factory – how could I forget?! The girls, had a choice between Charlie, which they’d seen in French, and Madagascar, which they hadn’t, and naturally, they disagreed. A coin toss ensured that Boo won out, and Yonkers-Bonkers had to make do. I don’t know whether I was more disturbed by the evident lack of understanding at adult humour in the audience, or at the unfazed expressions of the twins, age 5, at scenes such as burning, melting puppets accompanied by happy-elf music. I think, at 5, that I’d have run out of the theatre. It was however, a clever, kick-ass adaptation of the book.

I know that the Place Around The Corner was impressed, as I have a further week and a half of work with them, after just one shift.

No comments: