Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Travelling Words.

My father gave me an old copy of The Great Railway Bazaar as a pre-adventure read, minus the final pages. It’s brilliant, even without conclusion. No doubt I will be quoting it for quite a while.

Enormous thanks must go out to knights in shining-literary-armour Heather and Kim, for not only suggesting an incredible book, but for filling my rucksack with books to inspire and aid the trip. Once again, I find myself baffled by the amazing collection of people around me.
---
In pre-travel adventure, I visit the Fairy Godmother tomorrow, an amazing kindred spirit. I would love to post an epic on her, but it's late, and I have an early train to catch, so I shall do it in retrospect. I must remember to pack my words-wand :-D
---

'That cold made leaving even easier..."Have you tried aspirin?" "No, I think I'll go to India."' Paul Theroux. Inspiration for any would-be traveller who doesn’t know where to start.

No comments: