Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Progress.

This is, in part, a repeat post. Those of you who read both sites will have to excuse it.

I went to my penultimate creative writing group last night. Things are progressing there too, with talk of more meetings, and a fairly stable group of regulars once more. Some of the people there have offered valuable support and advice for almost 6 years; they’ve known my writing since its adolescent phase, and never held it against me. They, unknowingly, have helped me work through the most difficult of times. Other, newer members of the group are not discounted from this appreciative post. I feel beyond lucky to have met this strange gaggle of wonderfully talented artists.

I’ll be sorry to leave them behind, if only for a while.

(14 days to go, and a hundred things to do.)

---
Alex is progressing nicely, and I can't wait to find out whether the three fantasmo-rad kids who've spared some time to test it out feel the same way.

I am slightly worried, however, about whether it'll be so great, without continual prodding from close-at-hand fellow writers. And whether the computer-cafes in far flung places will cope with me using them as a work-base from time to time.
- - -
* I’m searching for a book to take along, which doesn’t take up half my bag, but I won’t have finished by the time I land on foreign ground. It has to be inoffensive, just in case it is discovered, and perhaps, ultimately swappable. I mean, it’s not going to last the whole trip now, is it?! Any suggestions, anyone?

No comments: