Friday, February 10, 2006

Preparations

The world is not working to my blueprint. There are no people in offices to talk to at 2am. People do not respond to e-mails within 24 hours. There is no gorgeous girl supplying me with coffee and kisses every hour. And there are not enough minutes in the day to get things done.

All of these things is a minor problem in my world, and each could escalate to catastrophe at any given point.

I have 18 (almost 17) days left to get everything sorted. I'm tired, but I daren't go to bed; there's far too much to do. It's Valentine's this week; as depressing as it could be.

The only e-mails/ texts I have received today, have been people excusing themselves from my pre-travel gathering. I am slightly mortified that one of my closest friends, far too long unseen, is stuck in London, thus condemning us to a further 2 years+ of e-mail relationship.

On a happier note, Preparations of a different kind are complete, in the form of Alex. Part 3. Actually, most of part 4 is taken from an early draft of 3, so that won't be far behind - other things permitting.

No comments: