Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Trouble in the Play Pen.

So, I sit at the computer, Alex beside me, to make sure I get the details right, and we start to write Part 3. The trouble is, there's so much to put into it to get it up-to-date, as such that it's hard to know how to begin. And everything we've tried seems oddly self-indulgent. It seems I'm having trouble with describing the onset of that Companion-Person bond. It just sounds fake, every single time, like one of those really bad kids books that I resented being forced to read at school. This is not the image we desire - it's not a key-stage book, or indeed a SATs English paper task.

I need my fix of random, wonderful writings. Mark & Vicky have kindly supplied me with some, but much as I love penning things alone, I wish there was a group-thing this week (read: NOW). I'd be busy anyway, on Monday - Rudy, a Slovakian ex-colleague's in town - but that's not the point, and the following week, the 16th, leaves me with sorrofully few fortnights left before I fly the nest.

I shall update properly at the weeked, there's a half formed polari/ Obligatory New Year's post in the making, and there should be one about the sandpit wars of the week - as soon as there's a ceasefire!

No comments: