Friday, December 30, 2005

Phone-A-Friend.

Or, Why did I start this? And why can't I stop?

We may have to re-think. If the story's tone is more suited to an older child or teen, I may have to re-write it. The thing is, I like it now, the way it is, and I do not want to lose the tone of it. But I don't know many teens who might be interested in the travel of a teddy-rat. And besides, the aim of the thing was to raise an interest in kids, not older folks.

Does it matter if kids don't understand the words, or sentences in part? I mean, I don't think it ever put me off (and how else do kids learn, if not from exposure?) but would it discourage any kids less used to reading than I was? And if it's ok, up to a certain point, what portion do you think should be safe, easy language? And will it make any difference if the kids are read to, not reading independantly? In fact, does this still happen, at 9 or 10 these days?
---
I am slightly worried about the portrayal of Ginger. Those of you who know me will figure out why as you read. I hope it's not sickening or cliched, or too far off the mark.
---
how do you get accented characters on this thing?

No comments: