Saturday, October 15, 2005

Stolen Moments: A Tale of Autumnal Bliss.

The morning was hazed with frost and cold wet air, but the mist broke away before the shock of orange streaks across the sky.

The bus was heaped with bodies fighting equally for seats and oxygen; damp clothes steamed, their musty odour leaking from the bus at every stop. Finally, flustered, I stepped into the icy outside world once more, with time to spare. Beside Place Around The Corner, is a beautifully quiet neighbourhood, and the forested park of a stately home.

Most people, with 25 minutes to spare, would hurry to the comfort of a conversation and a mug of tea. Not I. Meandering between the trees, into golden light-filled spaces, and cool pine-needle shady spots, I look up at the canopy. The light paints highlights on the leaves, turning steadily into their autumn shades. It’s beautiful. So, breathing freely for the first time in a week, I carry on, the fellowship of the Ring drifting to my ears. It’s so serene and awe inspiring. And I wish that it could last.

No comments: