Saturday, October 15, 2005

Changing of the Seasons.

There’s a definite excitable hint of winter in the air; the buzz of Halloween, Guy Falkes and Christmas all rolled into one as your feet snap along the pavement or swoosh through fallen leaves. This is the best time of the year, despite the rain and wind, and ice. I cannot help but bounce through daily chores. Unfortunately, it doesn’t help me write gut-wrenching grieving scenes for Blood Omen. It is going well though, hence a much neglected blog, again.

I have reverted to winter listenings, such as John Williams’ Harry Potter scores, which feed my mood and fit the weather perfectly. There’s just something about it.

A little over a week ago, I stayed at Mark's, for another 2 days writing, which was, as always, a great success. And we rewarded ourselves with a trip to the cinema to see David Cronenberg’s A History of Violence, staring Viggo Mortensen and Maria Bello. If you have not seen it, then you must. It’s the first movie in a long long time to treat violence as the serious creature that she is. The cast was perfect, the script clever and poignant, and Howard Shore’s score as snug a fit as you'd expect. A lot of people seemed irritated by the ending, but… well, go see it. It’s amazing. I went to see it twice.

I have yet to see Howl’s moving castle, Domino, Lord of War, and the impatiently awaited Corpse Bride. That’s just the beginning of my list. It’s no wonder I am always skint.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

*dances gloatingly* I'm going to see Howl's Moving Castle with a gi-irl!

Well, a girl and a load of her other friends, probably.

But still ... :)