Monday, February 21, 2005

SNOW DAY.

Something broke my sleep at 4am, and an ethereal halo of white seeped through my misted windows. And, having arched myself upright to see, I flumped back under duvet, content in the notion that I could awaken to a cosy, useful Snow Day – the kind where you snuggle in the warmth, content to be penned in, and there, creative juices flow.

Then, at 9.15, consciousness once more prevails. But as I shed my warm cocoon, the snow’s begun to melt, and my family bustles in their usual way, around my airy prison, and I am filled with icy gloom. There’s no way I can make it work!

Until, by 3, somehow, my state of mind returns to that of ‘Writer – Not To Be Whitewashed’ and I settle, with tea and toast in true Snow Day fashion, at my PC.

For the hours, I meddle with the dialogue between Mother and Son, but despite my efforts, I cannot steer them towards Dillan and his lust for the Guy At The Bar. I mean, what is it gonna take – someone waving manically at them and pointing? Or, the Guy to introduce himself – “ Hi there Foreigner, now if you don’t mind, we’ll just make out, then take our son and be off, before you scar him.”?

Hmm, maybe it needs a different approach. Perhaps I could have them all killed in a drive-by shooting (convicts on the brink of desperation as their cravings mount for The Loungeroom’s champagne trifle – need you ask!). That way, all issues of plot-flow are of no consequence.

Leaves a lot to be desired though. I think I’ll write some poetry.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You're welcome for the album tip babe :D.

Hope the writing and the snow are both picking up (well, the snow can be picking up or down, so long as it's satisfactory). I didn't finish the poem in the end, I lost the flow for it because someone kept talking to me (naming no names *ahmed*) (oops I think he probably reads these comments) (oh well it'll be all right GO TO BED RACHEL) (oh gods what happened to my flawless record of blogging grammar and syntax and etc? *cries in corner puddle*)

Good night! xxx

Rachel said...

Oooh, I nearly forgot:

Mmmmmmmmmmm, trifle :D