Thursday, October 14, 2004

Won't Somebody Stop the Juices - How they Flow!

It just keeps on coming - hold your hats, it's all going up here!

PROMISES MADE.
I promised I’d look out for you, that I would keep you safe.
But there are some things that I cannot fix.

A battered knee from sliding low –
That I can bless with magic touch
And in a little time, it heals.

A bruised heart and tormented mind –
I can offer solace. I can give advice.
And I can bitch for hours about the whore that gave you pain.

Boredom –
Sorted, I’ll be there with chocolate mountains when you call.

But this thing inside you –
Which furls in anger in your blood,
That, I can only watch.

Sure, I can be there on the bad days,
Grapes and comic books in hand,
And I can cheer you when you’re down.
I can pester you to do the dreary stuff,
Like eating well, and sleeping every now and then.
And I can be there on the phone with each set of results.

But every time, I see the pain is more.
And someday,
My promise isn’t going to matter.

No comments: